Friday, June 15, 2007

Bergens Arrive!

The Bergens arrive in Fort Myers tomorrow. That's Shawn and Mary Bergen and their three children. Shawn is our newest pastor on staff (actually he hasn't even started yet). His position will be Evangelism and Married Adults. I am soooo excited about Shawn and Mary coming and being a part of the team here at McGregor.

When I first met Shawn he was just starting a church in Okeechobee, Florida. That was over three years ago. The church is Everglades Baptist Church, and Shawn and Mary poured their lives into the birthing and growing of that church plant. And now God is moving them to McGregor to be a part of our team. Dr Powell will be presenting them to our church family this coming Sunday morning in all three AM services.

Other Friday late night thoughts...
  • The allergies are hitting me hard and I've got a bad cough. Yuck.
  • I'm looking forward to running tomorrow and having a good time (I was able to get all four of my runs in this week even while traveling). I'm going to run the cough right out of my system or pass out.
  • I'm taking Reese to play putt-putt tomorrow while Macy has the staff wives over for lunch. It's been a long time since I've played putt-putt - hope I don't get beat by a 5 year old!
  • Camryn Taylor called me while I was in San Antonio to tell me she had asked Jesus in her life! You don't get better calls than that! Way to go Ellery and Cathy (dad and mom)!
  • With the help of Pastor Russell, I now have a program called gSyncit that will sync my Outlook Calendar with my Google Calendar. Genius! (This might not seem like much to some, but for me and Russell, this is big!)
  • Google Reader is the way to go when it comes to reading lots of blogs, and now you can use it off line!
  • Time to go take some cough medicine and pray that I can sleep through the night.

No comments: