Saturday, June 16, 2007

Putt-Putt Golf

It was a big mistake, thinking I could run a fast 3 miles this morning with all this crud going on in my sinuses and chest. I realized this truth about half way through my run. Oh well, live and learn.

After I partially recovered from the running disaster, I helped Macy get ready for her luncheon. The staff wives were coming over for lunch this morning and Macy was hard at work making sure everything was just right.

After helping Macy get ready and still recovering from the run, I took off to pick up Reese for our putt-putt date. After a delicious Chick-fil-a lunch we headed on over to Castle Golf - Reese's favorite putt-putt course. We had a great time in the 125 degree heat. I think I perspired more playing putt-putt than I did running this morning. By the way, Reese picks and chooses which holes she will play and which ones she will not. Needless to say, we finished pretty quickly, which considering the heat, was not a bad thing. Even with the heat and my sinus crud, we had a blast.

I arrived home just as the last person was leaving the lunch. I really wanted to help Macy clean up, but after taking a shower I felt like a truck had just run over me. So, I did what only I could do - take a nap. I feel much better now.

Now I need to spend a few more minutes finishing up my lessons for in the morning - it's going to be good. And I think I have finally recovered from the run. Yeah!

No comments: