Saturday, June 9, 2007

Freakiest of Fans

I'm somewhat relieved that VBS is finally over. It's been a long week! But it has also been an awesome week! I am a fan of doing stuff that impacts people for eternity, and VBS does that on several levels at McGregor. Sunday night should be awesome - we're hoping to baptize 20 children! On a lighter note - I'll be receiving a pie to the face during the service since the girls won over the boys by giving more money toward our VBS mission project. Where are those goggles?

Our final night of Sports Freaks was incredible. We had the "Ultimate Freaky Fan" as our guest (played by Jeremy Emory). He rocked the house. Freaky Fan helped us end the week on a very high note. Photos to come soon.

Thanks to all our Sports Freaks special guest this week. You guys were awesome!

Running Update: This morning I ran in my third 5K. I did not meet my time goal, but it was not a bad day. My goal was to average 8 min miles. I ran the first two miles under 8 minutes and then I must have just run out of gas because my third mile was 8:39.
Total 3 mile time - 24:34. 5K time - 25:20.

On a sad note: We took Michael, our 11 year nephew, to the airport today to send him home to his mom and dad. We miss him already. Michael - you're awesome!!!

No comments: