Sunday, June 3, 2007

Monopoly, Running, VBS and Other...

Macy and I have really enjoyed having our nephew Michael with us. We completed week one of a two week stay yesterday. Even though Friday's big water park plans got rained out, we have still managed to have a lot of fun. Monopoly is Michael's favorite game and Uncle Mark and Aunt Macy played it with him until late into the night Friday night (Uncle Mark dominated) and Saturday afternoon/evening (Michael dominated). I forgot how much fun Monopoly is!

Saturday we ate lunch at a brand new restaurant called Hurricane Grill and Wings located in the Gulf Coast Town Center. I'd give it about 3 out 5 on the food. They do have a huge selection of different types of sauces and rubs for their wings. I still like Smokey Bones wings the best.

I was able to get a good run in Saturday morning in the wind and very humid conditions. Posted a 25:05/3 mile! I'm getting ready for my next 5K this coming Saturday. My goal is to run 24:00/3 mile time in the race, putting me under 25 for the 5K. That means I still have a minute to slash off, but the race atmosphere should help me with that. I still can't believe I'm actually running and enjoying it. And I feel tons better!

I'm also praying and looking forward to this coming week - it's VBS Week at McGregor! I'll keep you posted on how it goes this week.

4 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

One of these days your running is going to motivate me.
Great job! Keep it up!
Rob

Mark B said...

Rob - What happened? I thought you were going to start running/exercising?

Rob and Becky said...

Well, laziness. I just wasn't mentally ready I guess. I need to spend some time planning this evening, as there are some other adjustsments that i need make that will allow for it, but I believe I am going to make a new push for excercising tomorrow morning. I have had to think of creating a system that fits the schedule of my family more effectively. Be praying for me. It is a big step, more like a giant leap.

Dave said...

I'd rather play Monopoly than run and I hate Monopoly if that tells you anything.

DM