Friday, June 22, 2007

Getting Ready to Celebrate!

Tomorrow morning Macy and I leave for a few days of celebration. That's what I'm calling it - a celebration. We're getting away to celebrate 20 years of incredible marriage. The cool thing about our getaway celebration is it does not matter where we go. What matters is we're together. I can honestly say that the destination on any trip with Macy is secondary. It's all about being with her!

I am especially looking forward to this getaway for several reasons:
  • 20 years of marriage is a pretty cool milestone. I was talking with a couple this past week who have been married 61 years. I told them my 20 years was not very much compared to their 61. She said "20 is a very good start." I agree.
  • I personally need some down time away. Read my post from 6/20. This is true for all of us. We run hard and we need some extended times of rest. I'm thankful where I work and serve believes this also.
  • Right now I can't wait wait to spend the next 6 days with just Macy! I know I am so blessed, but it so cool having your very best friend in the whole wide world as your wife. I love being with her. I could keep on writing, but I think I'll save that for another post.
FYI: The picture above is from where we'll be spending our celebration.

No comments: