Monday, June 18, 2007

A Great Cup of Coffee

I received on Father's Day a bag of Peet's Coffee. And not just any bag of Peet's Coffee (which in my opinion is the best coffee in the world) but a bag of India Peaberry coffee. That's right, Peaberry. Now, I admit, it doesn't sound like the most flavorful coffee, but don't let the name fool you. I had my first cup this morning and it was incredible.

A couple of weeks earlier I had a awesome friend that thought about me when they were over in the Dominican Republic on a mission trip and they brought me back some authentic coffee from the DR. Again, another excellent cup of coffee. Very different tasting, and yet very, very good.

So what's the point of this little coffee review. I'm not sure. Other than I really enjoy good coffee and I don't mind trying new types of coffee. Unfortunately, I'm probably not that open when it comes to people. Think about it, each person I encounter today is going to be a little different. Some are stronger than others, some more bold, some more rich, some a little robust, well you get the picture. If you're like me, you tend to spend your time with those that are most like you. But just as I enjoy variety in my coffee drinks, I should enjoy the variety in the people around me more.

This week's assignment: get to know someone better over a cup of coffee.

So what makes for a cup of really good coffee? That depends on who you ask. What do you think?

1 comment:

Rob and Becky said...

I had a cup o joe with Jesus this morning. Does that count?
Rob