Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sports Freaks & VBS

As I was walking around our campus this morning, looking at all the cool sport theme stuff everywhere, including a picture of me as a football player, I was reminded once again that this week is going to be a really cool time. VBS at McGregor is not just another activity, it's a humongous opportunity for us to make an impact. I think it is so cool we make it a priority.

VBS is a big deal around McGregor. Why? I'll tell you why...
  • Children are valued around here
  • We care about children's spiritual growth and development
  • Reaching families is also a high value
  • And we love to have fun at church!
So, get ready for an awesome week of sharing the love of God with hundreds and hundred of children.

If you're wondering what I'll be doing during VBS, here's a sneak peek: Miller and myself will be hosting our very own sports show called "Sports Freaks: Early Edition." It's gonna be fun, just like the whole week.

FYI: Macy and Michael are playing Monopoly again - thank goodness this time without me!

3 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

I did notice the picture of you as a football player in the preschool area! Very funny! Drew got a kick out of it as well. I thought Candy looked pretty cool as well!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Your picture was funny, well this is my first time serving at MBC and I'm excited, yesterday when we walked thru Main Street, my kids and I were like when you go for the first time to Magic Kingdom and you look like a kid. I know that with the help of God, all of us will make a different to all the kids.
Go VBS

Dave said...

Great night last night Mark. You're awesome!